We have already been very busy here at Trauma Clean 24 Seven with calls from flooded properties – many businesses and domestic properties are suffering from burst pipes due to the thaw following the recent cold snap. There are ways in which you can protect yourself from experiencing the inconvenience and expense of dealing with a flood and sewage clear up:
- Insulate pipes and water tanks – Wrap pipes in cold areas with pipe sponge covers if possible or old blankets. Insulate any water tanks, especially in colder places like the loft.
- Leave your heating on – Set your thermostat at 12-15C when you’re away from the property. This keeps the air inside warm to help stop internal pipes from freezing.
- Open cabinet doors and loft hatches where possible to allow warm air to circulate around pipes under sinks or in the attic.
- Run your taps as often possible – water cannot freeze if it’s running; just turn taps on and off regularly. Keep an eye on your water usage to avoid increasing your bills if you have a water meter.
- If you know the property will not be used for a long period of time, drain your water system in colder weather.
If you do find yourself in the unfortunate situation that you require a flood and/or sewage clear up service then do not hesitate to contact us either by telephone at any time during an emergency or via email using the information below. A member of our friendly office team will be happy to help with advice and arrange a no obligation quotation to restore the property to a safe and hygienic condition again.